BEng Mechanical Engineering
The mainstream Mechanical Engineering course at Brunel covers all the fundamental elements of mechanical engineering and design, and provides a background in related fields such as computing, electronics, electrical engineering, control, energy and environment. To give you greater commercial insight and awareness, you will also study elements of management, ethics, finance and law.
Mechanical engineering covers the design and development of every kind of machine – from supersonic fighter jets and super cars to bicycles and mobile phones. In fact, every product or service has probably been touched in some way by a mechanical engineer.
This course gives you a broad and solid grounding in the subject. The specialisms in this respected general degree include sustainability and mechatronics which can be applied across the manufacturing sector, or more specifically in areas such as biomedical engineering.
This course aims to produce mechanical engineering graduates equipped to play leading professional roles in industry and public service.
This course offers elective specialisation areas: Aeronautics, Automotive Design, Building Services.
- Fundamentals of Solid Body Mechanics
- Fundamentals of Thermofluids
- Analytical Methods and Skills
- Engineering Materials, Manufacturing and Electrical Machines
- Introduction to Engineering Design
- Mechanical Laboratories, technical drawing and workshop experience
- Solid Body Mechanics
- Computing, Analytical Methods, Control and Instrumentation
- Professional Engineering Applications and Practice
- Design and Analysis of Mechanical Systems and Components
- Major Individual Project
- Sustainability, Mechatronics and IC Engines
- FEA, CFD and Design of Engineering Systems
- Professional Engineering Practice
In this electronic age we see ourselves being translated more and more into the form of information, moving toward the technological extension of consciousness.
Recent graduates have gone on to work for prestigious companies such as:
- Procter & Gamble
- the Ministry of Defence
Entry Requirements (International Students)
- Secondary School Diploma Overall Grade 70% over 100%.
- English Language Requirements: IELTS 6.0 (min 5.5 in all bands)
- 2 Academic Reference Letters
- Statement of Purpose (Motivation Letter)
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
- £ 17,500 per year
- 3 years
- London Campus
- Language Requirement: IELTS 6.0
- January - September