BEng Aerospace Engineering
From jet aircraft to air conditioning plant, from tunneling machines to body-scanners, from technical consultancy to financial services such as insurance, mechanical engineers deal with the design and production of the machines, systems and structures that are taken for granted in the modern world.
The range and diversity of career choice is consequently tremendous. In response to this diversity, we offer a variety of courses.This specialist degree provides a rigorous and traditional academic education coupled with a well-developed appreciation of the highly technical nature of the aerospace industry.
The subjects studied include analytical and computational skills, principles and concepts appropriate to the design and operation of aircraft, and professional skills needed to equip graduates in the aerospace industry.
- Fundamentals of Solid Body Mechanics
- Fundamentals of Thermofluids
- Analytical Methods and Skills
- Engineering Materials, Manufacturing and Electrical Machines
- Introduction to Engineering Design
- Aerospace Laboratories, Technical Drawing and Workshop Experience
- Solid Body Mechanics
- Principles of Aircraft Design
- Professional Engineering Applications and Practice
- Computing, Analytical Methods, Control and Instrumentation
- Major Individual Project
- Propulsion Systems, Aircraft Structures and Materials
- FEA, CFD and Design of Engineering Systems
- Professional Engineering Practice
- Flight Testing and Analysis
Man must rise above the Earth to the top of the atmosphere and beyond for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives.
Aerospace Engineering graduates take up employment in fields such as aircraft and components design and manufacture, maintenance and testing, propulsion systems, flight simulation, aviation, avionics, patent engineering, financial services, and many more.
Recent graduates have gone on to work for:
- Rolls-Royce Aero Engines
- British Airways
- GE Energy
- Marshall Aerospace
- BAE Systems
- Qinetiq Group
- Lockheed Martin
- the Ministry of Defence
Entry Requirements (International Students)
- Secondary School Diploma Overall Grade 70% over 100%.
- English Language Requirements: IELTS 6.0 (min 5.5 in all bands)
- 2 Academic Reference Letters
- Statement of Purpose (Motivation Letter)
- Bachelor in Aerospace Engineering
- £ 17,500 per year
- 3 years
- London Campus
- Language Requirement: IELTS 6.0
- January - September