BEng Automotive Engineering
Low carbon vehicle technologies are at the cutting edge of innovation within the automotive industry – one of several exciting areas of study for students of this BEng course.
This programme develops the key technical and managerial skills that graduates need to excel within a fast-moving industry, through a curriculum designed to give a good balance between fundamental mechanical engineering subjects (including maths and engineering science) and the applied engineering disciplines (such as vehicle design and performance).
We have one of the largest and most active engine research groups in the UK and strong links with industry to provide a vibrant, commercially-focused environment for our students’ learning.
- Fundamentals of Solid Body Mechanics
- Fundamentals of Thermofluids
- Analytical Methods and Skills
- Engineering Materials, Manufacturing and Electrical Machines
- Introduction to Engineering Design
- Automotive Laboratories, technical drawing and workshop experience
- Automotive Vehicle Design and Performance
- Solid Body Mechanics
- Computing, Analytical Methods, Control and Instrumentation
- Professional Engineering Applications and Practice
- Major Individual Project
- Automotive Structures, Propulsion and Manufacture
- FEA, CFD and Design of Engineering Systems
- Professional Engineering Practice
All of the biggest technological inventions created by man – the airplane, the automobile, the computer – says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness.
If you opt for a sandwich course, you will have the added bonus of putting your academic study into practice and developing ideas about future careers. Some graduates are offered full-time graduate posts at the companies where they carried out their work placements. Students who complete the thick-sandwich course will be awarded their degree ‘with Professional Development’.
Many Brunel graduates are currently working in key technical and managerial positions within the automotive industry. Recent graduates have gone on to work for:
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Aston Martin
- McLaren Automotive
- Bentley Motors
- Nissan Technical Centre Europe
- BMW (Mini)
- Lotus Cars
- SAIC (MG)
- Tata Motors
- MAHLE Powertrain
Entry Requirements (International Students)
- Secondary School Diploma Overall Grade 70% over 100%.
- English Language Requirements: IELTS 6.0 (min 5.5 in all bands)
- 2 Academic Reference Letters
- Statement of Purpose (Motivation Letter)
- Bachelor in Automotive Engineering
- £ 17,500 per year
- 3 years
- London Campus
- Language Requirement: IELTS 6.0
- January - September