BEng Electronic & Communications Engineering
The world of electronics is evolving so rapidly that the devices and techniques that are new today will be tools you are expected to understand and use by the time you graduate.
On this course you’ll learn about state-of-the-art technology and develop advanced level knowledge and skills in the design of complex electronic and communication systems, equipping you to work at the forefront of all the major areas of electronic engineering. We aim to produce graduates who are part of a high-tech elite: professionals with specialist understanding and communication skills who have a solid knowledge of electronic engineering as a whole.
Electronics equipment and products are becoming a vital part of our daily lives, from simple MP3 players, mobile phones and computers to highly sophisticated diagnostic equipment used in hospitals and state-of the-art fibre optic communications systems. This is a traditional and broad-based course, developed in response to the needs of industry, which aims to produce well-rounded engineers with a high level of analytical and engineering design skills.
From calculators to supercomputers, from telephones to global satellite communications, from dynamos to the national grid, you will gain key knowledge and understanding. As well as an invaluable overview of this field, you will also have the opportunity to specialise in communications systems in your final year.
- Digital Systems and Microprocessors
- Devices and Circuits
- Level 1 Electronic Engineering Workshop
- Fundamental Mathematics for Engineers
- Problem Solving and Programming
- Further Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Science, Systems and Society
- Computer Architecture and Interfacing
- Digital Systems Design and Reliability Engineering
- Electronic Systems
- Signals and Systems
- Engineering Group Design Project
- Individual Project
- Advanced Electronics
- Digital Communications Systems
- Optional Module:
- Design of Intelligent Systems
- Control Systems
- Multimedia Digital Signal Processing
- Advanced Digital Systems
In this electronic age we see ourselves being translated more and more into the form of information, moving toward the technological extension of consciousness.
Recent graduates have gone on to work for companies including:
- Virgin Airways
- Group 4 Technology
- Ultra Electronics
Entry Requirements (International Students)
- Secondary School Diploma Overall Grade 70% over 100%.
- English Language Requirements: IELTS 6.0 (min 5.5 in all bands)
- 2 Academic Reference Letters
- Statement of Purpose (Motivation Letter)
- Bachelor in Electronic & Communications Engineering
- £ 17,500 per year
- 3 years
- London Campus
- Language Requirement: IELTS 6.0
- January - September