BEng Electronic & Electrical Engineering
Engineers, technologists and designers are the architects and implementers of the technological revolution and are in great demand throughout industry, commerce and the public sector. This course aims to produce well-educated, imaginative and professionally-trained engineers and designers who can meet the challenge of rapid technological development.
Electronics equipment and products are becoming a vital part of our daily lives, from simple MP3 players, mobile phones and computers to highly sophisticated diagnostic equipment used in hospitals and state-of the-art fibre optic communications systems. Computers, telecommunication systems and consumer electronics are advancing at a fast pace.
This is a traditional and broad-based course which aims to produce well-rounded engineers with a high level of analytical and engineering design skills. You will develop a sound knowledge of:
- all aspects of electronic and electrical engineering and related areas
- the future of electronics, microelectronics and computer systems.
The course also offers practical aspects, making use of the university’s well resourced labs and facilities in electronics, sensors, computer systems, computer networks, signal processing.
- Digital Systems and Microprocessors
- Devices and Circuits
- Level 1 Electronic Engineering Workshop
- Problem Solving and Programming
- Fundamental Mathematics for Engineering
- Further Engineering Maths
- Engineering Science, Systems and Society
- Digital Systems Design and Reliability Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Sustainability
- Electronic Systems
- Signals and Systems
- Engineering Group Design Project
- Individual Project
- Advanced Electronics
- Optional Module (choose 3):
- Design of Intelligent Systems
- Digital Communications Systems
- Control Systems
- Power Electronics and Systems
- Multimedia Digital Signal Processing
- Advanced Digital Systems
- Renewable Energy in Power Systems
In this electronic age we see ourselves being translated more and more into the form of information, moving toward the technological extension of consciousness.
Recent graduates have gone on to work for companies including:
- Virgin Airways
- Group 4 Technology
- Ultra Electronics
Entry Requirements (International Students)
- Secondary School Diploma Overall Grade 70% over 100%.
- English Language Requirements: IELTS 6.0 (min 5.5 in all bands)
- 2 Academic Reference Letters
- Statement of Purpose (Motivation Letter)
- Bachelor in Electronic & Electrical Engineering
- £ 17,500 per year
- 3 years
- London Campus
- Language Requirement: IELTS 6.0
- January - September